Sport, Workshop, Online Event, Cultural, Model United Nations
Kamrup, Assam (AS)
31 Jan 2019 - 03 Feb 2019
Who Can Participate
Common For All, IT, CSE, ECE, EEE, Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Agricultural, Textile, Marine, Automobile, BBA, MBA, Arts, Medical
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
20 Oct 2018 - 25 Nov 2018
Enter www.alcheringa.in/registrations to register.
City Eliminations winner will have direct entry to the pre-finals.
A variety of Events under a number of modules:
1. Vogue Nation - Fashion Events including a fashion rampwalk event, a photoshoot event and a innovation designing event
2. Class Apart - Includes events like Rock-o-Phonix which is the largest rock band competition of the country, Mr. and Mrs. Alcheringa, and Crossfade which is DJ face-off event.
3. ABCD - Dance Module containing events for Group Dance, Classical Solo, Solo dance, Duo Dance and a street dance face-off.
4. Stagecraft - Performing Arts module containing events for Stage Play, Street Play and Solo Performances
5. Music - Module contains events for Hindi Rock Band, Acoustic Band, Solo Singing and Choir Singing(Group Singing)
6. MUN - Model United Nations Module
7. Pantomime - Module with fun events like Roadiez, Interrogation Anxiety and Alcher's Got Talent
8. Literary - Module including PARLIAMENTARY DEBATE, Poetry Slam, Hindi Poem recital and JAM(Just - A - Minute)
9. Art Talkies - Artist oriented events like Graffiti, T-Shirt Painting, Live Sketching, Face Painting, Clay Modelling to name a few.
10. Sports - 5v5 Football, 3v3 Basketball, 3v3 Volleyball, Arm Wrestling and Gully Cricket
11. Digital Dexterity - Online events module, Follow Alcheringa official page on facebook or insta to know regular updates
12. Light Camera Action - Filmography and Photography Module
13. Quiz Module
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Kamrup, Assam (AS), India
FROM RAILWAY STATION 1.We will try to provide you with transportation to IITG campus provided you have given us adequate details.We will get in contact with you as soon as you reach Guwahati Railway Station. 2. In case we are not able to provide you with transportation, you have the following options- • GreenValley buses (white and green carrying IITG placard), provided by the institute will ply to and from the city almost every hour and will operate from RBI Bus Stop, a stone’s throw from the railway station.A minimal charge of Rs. 10 will be charged per person. •Auto rickshaws (@Rs. 150-175) or Sumo (@Rs. 300-350) is another option. • Ferry services are available from Ferry ghat, Fancy Bazar. FROM AIRPORT 1.We will try to provide you with transportation to the IITG campus provided you have given us adequate details and your team has at least 25 members. 2. You can hire a pre-paid taxi (@Rs. 475-500) to IIT Guwahati. 3. Inside the campus, get down at the hospitality desk (which will probably be at DIHING Hostel. 83 NOTE 1. Picking up of participants is subject to availability of transportation facility. 2. For request of transportation facility, participants need to inform us at least a week in advance by emailing us at email@example.com . Confirmations for the same will be emailed to you. 3.Transportation will be provided to the teams that have registered earlier and confirmed their transportation with the transportation team 3 days prior to their travel. 4. Also, participants should inform their status to the OrganisingTeam (contact will be shared later) 1 hour before they reach Guwahati Railway Station. you as soon as you reach Guwahati). 5. On reaching IIT Guwahati The Hospitality Team will be there to guide you with the procedure to register for the events and accommodation. Some valuable information regarding the same is given below: • Hospitality Control Desk will be set up at Dihing Hostel (in case of any change in location, you will be informed beforehand). Directions to reach Hospitality Control desk will be there inside the campus (We will be in contact with you as soon as you reach Guwahati). • ID card is mandatory at the time of registration at the Hospitality Desk. Alcheringa’19 ID cards will be issued to each team member after registration and Alcher ID card will be compulsory for taking part in any event. •Volunteers will be there to guide you from the Hospitality/ Control Desk to your accommodation.
Google Map Link
Event Contact Details
Prabhjot Singh Gill (Head of Branding)
Priyanshu Kumar Sinha (Head of Public Relations)
Priyanshu Kumar Sinha
Transcending notions of being merely a cultural festival, Alcheringa, today is a brand of national repute - built, graced and maintained by the presence of artists of international presence and participants from all across the nation. Those who have heard it, seen it and lived it can tell you that it is nothing short of a visual delicacy, a gourmet by the finest chefs served to you with the best seasoning there is to offer.
Since its inception in 1996, Alcheringa, or popularly/lovingly known as “Alcher”, has become by far the largest cultural festival of North East India and since has served as a pioneer of art and culture. The festival enjoys a mammoth footfall of 1,00,000 and participation from over 500 colleges across India.
Known for its fervent display of youth, vigour and zest, Alcheringa hosts competitive events and professional expositions, covering various art forms - music, dance, fine arts, literature, dramatics to name a few, inviting and encouraging participation of varying reputations and techniques, providing them a platform to prove their mettle and go beyond their imaginations/dreams, all united with a single vision, “The image of Excellence”, no matter what.
Always brimming with ideas and in continuance of our efforts to promote peace and harmony and at the same time, to reunite the dreamers to celebrate the spirit of the youth, we are all set to organize this socio-cultural extravaganza in its 23rd incarnation, proudly presenting you, Alcheringa - The Eternal Dreamtime.
Completely FREE!! No registration/participation fees whatsoever
Event Submitted By
Prabhjot Singh Gill
Last Updated On
Recently Added Events